State DoE Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs
Departments of Education and Career and Technical Education Units at the State Level
LAPSEN offers a number of options that states can choose from. These options are predicated on the notion that different states are at different points relative to their Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security (LPSCS) Career Cluster. Some will have very few career programs; others, 100s. Some states will want to ensure that their programs get full value from LAPSEN, while others may want to leave it up to the individual career programs to derive benefits from LAPSEN programs. Therefore, LAPSEN provides a range of options to handle the differences.
State benefits for joining – All state options include the following benefits:
- Board membership with voting rights, involvement in LAPSEN policy, planning and development,
- E-newsletters for all program instructors and administrators
- 10% discounts on LAPSEN conferences, workshops, and specialized meetings
- Access to the members-only section of the website for all LPSCS instructors and their administrators
State Responsibilities as a LAPSEN partner – Irrespective of the option chosen, participating states will be required to do the following:
- Share their LPSCS curriculum, lesson plans, instructor material, and related resources with the other participating states
- Support communication with their instructors by providing contact information or facilitating such
- Designate a person with decision-making authority to serve on the LAPSEN Board as well as an alternate to serve when the primary designee is unable to represent his/her state at a Board meeting.
The State Options
- Large State— These are states with 50 or more secondary Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security career programs. (Contribution: $1500).
- Mid-Size States— These are states with between 25 and 50 Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career programs. (Contribution: $1000)
- Developing States— These are states with fewer than 25 Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career programs. (Contribution: $500)
- Sponsorship Contributor— Because some states may prefer to sponsor a specific project, conference, workshop, curriculum development effort and the like, they may do so as long as what is sponsored minimally equates to the general contribution a state would make based on its size. Those choosing this option will submit their proposed contribution for approval to the Board. (see above for size ranges.)
Add-ons for the options listed above
- Any participating state may add to their annual contribution (Option A, B, C or D) such items as including all costs for participating in a conference, workshop, or meeting.
- Any participating state may add to their annual contribution (Option A, B, C or D) all their post-secondary LPSCS programs at a cost of $500.
Interested states should contact LAPSEN at firstname.lastname@example.org