Timeline for 2022 Certification
2020-2021 School Year – Application Year
- Begin discussions with CTE coordinator in your county and your high school administration
- Are we ready? Review the documents and checklists. Click Here to review a great checklist from GaDOE.
- Is financial and administrative support in place? Make a budget.
- In Georgia there are state grants to support the process, but additional support may be needed
- If you have never completed the SkillsUSA Chapter of Excellence Program you should start this year. Click Here to learn more.
- Using the certification documents, begin your first self-assessment.
- Begin a list of what you need to do to get ready
- Participate in the Zoom Meeting about Industry Certification for 2021-2022 School Year
- With your administration, decide if the time is right to apply for consideration as an applicant
- Watch for announcements from LASPEN
- In Georgia also check CTAERN & GaDOE
- Get your LAPSEN Industry Certification application submitted
- In Georgia – use the process required by GaDOE
- Don’t miss a deadline
- Accepted schools will be announced by May
2021-2022 School Year – Certification Year
- Attend Initial Industry Certification Workshop
- Plan SkillsUSA activities. Start CEP process.
- Make a calendar outline for your timeline for success
- Begin to itemize equipment needs
- Plan fall Advisory Committee meeting
- Agenda item – who will serve on visit team
- Order all supplies and equipment
- Hold Advisory Committee meeting
- Self-evaluate – are you on track? are you missing documentation? do you need help?
- Work on SkillsUSA CEP application
- Gather documentation and wrap up fall timeline
- Attend TIEGA Winter Conference Pre-conference Industry Certification Checkpoint
- Plan second Advisory Committee meeting
- Watch CEP deadlines
- Arrange checkpoint call
- Finish up most of application
- Use Advisory Committee to review your application and make suggestions
- Plan for SkillsUSA state
- Finalize everything
- Plan for team visit
- Have a practice evaluation. Do a complete run through
- Team visits
- Complete any follow up requested by visiting team
- May 1st final deadline for all materials
- Results announced
- Attend GACTE