IP 41 Law and Justice 1 Course Development
Unit 1: Careers in Law & Justice
- Course Weight: 5%
- Hours of Instruction: 8 +/-
- Course Assessment Questions: 5
- Standard: The Learner will be able to understand careers in the Law and Justice System (RBT: B2)
- Identify positive character traits that should be present in Law and Justice employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately complete a job application and resume.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to seek, apply, and accept employment.
- Design a portfolio to apply for jobs in Law and Justice.
- Apply acquired skills in an interview setting.
- Investigate personal career interests.
- Feel free to use my plans as a guide. My course is based on 52 minute class periods.
- My students in the first year course are 9th or 10th graders.
- These materials may need updating. Be sure to check web links.
- 1 – Icebreakers, Day 1 PowerPoint
- 2 – Class expectations: syllabus review
- 3 – Finish expectations, texts out, paperwork, class forms
- 4 – Careers in Law & Justice Packet (Click Here): review packet, computer protocols, working in pairs
- 5 – Packets
- 6 – SkillsUSA Membership Kickoff
- 7 – Packets, start interviews
- 8 – Packets, interviews
- 9 – Packets, interviews
- 10 – Group debriefs, interviews
All the files I used in the this unit can be viewed and downloaded. To print, be sure to download first. Click Here.
Offers free online content for teachers. Registration required.
- The Police Officer: The Application & Hiring Process Click Here
- Cover Letters Click Here
- Becoming a Deputy Probation Officer Click Here
Texas Education Agency has online teacher materials for Texas courses.
- Unit 9: Job Search Click Here