IP 41 Law and Justice 1 Course Development
Unit 9: Community Policing, Conflict Resolution and Cultural Diversity
- Course Weight: 7%
- Hours of Instruction: 11 +/-
- Course Assessment Questions: 7
- Standard: The Learner will be able to understand community policing, conflict resolution and cultural diversity (RBT: B2)
- Describe attitudes of the public toward police.
- Distinguish among three operational styles in policing.
- Explain the main components of community policing.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problems in a criminal justice scenario and use critical thinking skills to lawfully resolve them.
- Identify a variety of mediation and conflict resolution skills used to effectively resolve criminal justice issues.
- Assess a given role play and determine the best response.
- Explain the importance of sensitivity to situations involving cultural diversity.
- Compare the cultures of major immigrant groups
- Feel free to use my plans as a guide. My course is based on 52 minute class periods.
- My students in the first year course are 9th or 10th graders.
- These materials may need updating. Be sure to check web links.
- If you can borrow a classroom with a kitchen – that’d be great for the presentations
- Notes, Assign Cultural Diversity Research Project
- Class day to work on project
- Video Verbal Judo
- Game Show
All the files I used in the this unit can be viewed and downloaded. To print, be sure to download first. Click Here.
Offers free online content for teachers. Registration required.
- None for this unit
Texas Education Agency has online teacher materials for Texas courses.
- Unit 4 Community Orientated Policing Click Here
- Unit 4 Conflict Resolution Click Here